An update on support available at the moment, whether you are reopening or remaining closed.
- Additional guidance from the government has been released on working safely in heritage locations.
- EMBED and the Disability Collaborative Network have released guidance created to support organisations in decision making when reopening, considering potential barriers faced by disabled visitors, and offering solutions-based guidance.
Support from SHARE
Events and training
SHARE are running coffee mornings (open to all) for museums to hear from experts and share their own concerns and ask questions. Topics include marketing and communications, family friendly reopening and fundraising. Find out more and book on Eventbrite.
SHARE are also running two online workshops:
Introduction to timed entry booking systems for museums.
Trainer: Nick Kime, Tech Champion, Digital Culture Network, Arts Council England. Get to grips with the basics of setting up a ticketing system – from comparing the different platforms, to NHS Test and Trace and GDPR.
Wednesday 5 August, 14:00 – 15:30 Book here
Wednesday 16 September, 10:30 – 12:00 Book here
The workshops are free and open to museums in the accreditations scheme (full and working towards). If you are not in the accreditation scheme, you can still book, but with the acknowledgement that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
The online fundraising scheme is for museums in the accreditation scheme facing financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. SHARE will fund and coordinate work that directly supports online fundraising for museums, through experienced web designers Starfish.
Examples of projects they will fund include:
- Setting up an online donations platform (e.g. JustGiving)
- Creating a social media profile to promote fundraising
- Creating a website or single page that directly supports or links to online fundraising
- Design and creation of an electronic newsletter to support fundraising
For full details of how to apply, and what information you need to provide, see the online fundraising scheme section of the SHARE website.
SHARE has launched Next Steps Grants to support museums, whether planning to reopen to the public or choosing to remain closed, thanks to support from the Art Fund. You can apply for up to £5,000. Full eligibility criteria and guidance can be found on the SHARE website. Deadline: midday 31 July 2020.
More information, including on potential funding sources to support your museum, can be found on the COVID-19 resources section of this website.