David Burgess – fundraising helpline
For the rest of the year, SHARE are funding David Burgess from Apollo Fundraising to have one-to-one hour long sessions with museums on their fundraising needs, providing advice and support. You can email him with an outline of what you’d like to discuss, and he will arrange a free appointment with you (remotely). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and find out more on the SHARE Museums East website.
I’ve just been to the SHARE coffee morning with David, and it was incredibly useful. He can also advise on bids which have any kind of fundraising angle, for example, he is particularly knowledgeable on contactless donation points.
If anyone is applying to the SHARE Next Steps grant and your application has a fundraising angle, SHARE will expect that you have had a chat with David.
Online fundraising support
This SHARE scheme is for museums facing financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. SHARE will fund and coordinate work that directly supports online fundraising for museums, through experienced web designers Starfish.
Examples of projects that they will fund include:
- Setting up an online donations platform (e.g. JustGiving)
- Creating a social media profile to promote fundraising
- Creating a website or single page that directly supports or links to online fundraising
- Design and creation of an electronic newsletter to support fundraising
Upcoming funding from central government
A reminder that there is a new £1.57bn support fund for heritage and the arts from central government. It looks likely some of this funding will be available to museums and other cultural organisations via Arts Council England. More details on this will be available shortly, but in the meantime, if there is a chance you might like to apply, then you may need to take action now..
- To apply for this funding you will need to have a user account and an applicant profile on Grantium, ACE’s online applications system.
- If you have applied for Accreditation since 2018 you may have a Grantium profile already. However, do check who has the login details in case it’s someone who is not around.
- You can find guidance on the ACE website or follow this link. Any problems, please let me know.
SHARE also have free helplines for audience development, business support and volunteer management at this time, so do make use of them if this would be helpful: SHARE helplines.
If you are planning on submitting a funding application then please do let me and/or SHARE know as we can support you in the planning and writing to ensure your bid has a good chance of success.