SHARE Museums East – coffee mornings, workshops and training
View SHARE’S training calendar for full up to date information, including how to book. All training is open to museums in the Accreditation scheme, and some is open to everyone (sometimes free, and sometimes with a fee).
If you miss a session or cannot attend one, do get in touch with SHARE as they may be able to share resources from the session with you.
A taster of the sessions coming up:
- 22 October: Revisiting Content and the Black Curriculum. A new online course to support museums to revisit content and incorporate the black curriculum in their programmes, exploring how anti-racism can be embedded within museums, heritage content and learning programmes.
- 28 October: Managing Intellectual Property Rights with Spectrum 5.0. Reviewing the Spectrum 5.0 Rights management procedure, which can help your museum manage rights identified in your collection – increasingly relevant as museums work to get more of their collections online.
- 6 November: Smartphone image editing for museums – Get to grips with the controls of your smartphone’s camera to get the best results possible.
- 10 November: Why your museum needs to love legacy fundraising. How to introduce legacy giving as one of the ways that people can support your museum’s work. The course will provide practical (and affordable!) steps you can take to launch a legacy giving programme.
- *Newly added* 1 December: CONSERVATION NETWORK WORKSHOP: Emergency Planning for Smaller Museums. An overview of Accreditation guidance for emergency plans, testing your plan, revising your plans in light of Covid-19. Tailored to meet the needs of smaller museums with or without specialist collections staff.
- *Newly added* 2-3 December: Creating family friendly interactions in museums during the new normal. Gain an understanding of the key concerns families have about visiting museums post-lockdown, explore ways to tackle common scenarios, explore how you can use playful and safe ways to interact with families relevant to your site.Delivered over 2 half day sessions.
- 4 December: Smartphone photography for museums – Discover the power of the Snapseed editing app for smartphone images.
- 10 December: Caring for photographs. We will look at the ten agents of deterioration as they affect photographic material, going through the simple steps that you can take to reduce their effects and examining handling in detail.
Sector events and webinars
See the October 2020 Essex MDO newsletter for a full list of upcoming sector events and webinars.
- Museums Association: Coronavirus Conversations – the future of our workforce
- Collections Trust lockdown sessions – including collections care in lockdown, loans in lockdown
- AIM virtual conference, Roads to Recovery – watch and listen to all the sessions
- NCVO: The easing of lockdown – legal and practical considerations for returning to work