SHARE Museums East – coffee mornings, workshops and training
- Introduction to timed entry booking systems for museums
16 September, 10.30 – 12.00 (training)
- Documentation Policies, Procedures and Planning
16 September, 14.00 – 15.30 (training)
- Museum volunteers and the new normal
17 September, 10.30 – 11.30 (coffee morning, open to all)
- Purposeful social media, keeping in touch, reaching out and staying fresh
13 October, (training)
Training free to museums in the Accreditation scheme.
Sector events and webinars
What: Coronavirus Conversations: Front of house [online, Zoom] Find out more and book.
Who: Museums Association
When: 9 September, 18.00-19.00
Why: Hear an expert panel discuss how Covid-19 closures and regulations are impacting front of house staff and volunteers, and how museums will have to adapt now and in the future.
Free, open to individual, institutional and commercial members of the Museums Association.
What: Copyright and suppliers: How to get the rights you need in new digital content [online] Find out more and book.
Who: Heritage Digital with Naomi Korn Associates
When: 17 September, 11.00-12.00
Why: Find out more on copyright, how you can protect and make the most of new copyright from newly commissioned content, frameworks for ensuring you get the rights you need when contracting new services and top tips for working with suppliers.
What: The Future of Museums – Perspectives from 2020 [online] Free. Find out more and book.
Who: Clore Leadership and the Museums Association
When: 21 September, 17.30 – 18.45
Why: Explore sector changes and the inequalities that have emerged following Covid-19, learning more about the role and opportunities for museums in a with-Covid world.
What: Connected to culture LIVE: Audiences now and in the future [online webinar] Find out more and book.
Who: Digital Culture Network
When: 8 October, 14:00-14.45
Why: Discover how cultural organisations how seized the opportunity to digitally reach new and existing audiences, and how audiences in the future will want to engage with art and culture
Free, open to organisations eligible for Arts Council England funding.
- Museums Association: Coronavirus Conversations – the future of our workforce
- Collections Trust lockdown sessions – including collections care in lockdown, loans in lockdown
- AIM virtual conference, Roads to Recovery – watch and listen to all the sessions
- NCVO: The easing of lockdown – legal and practical considerations for returning to work